So today I was driving to my 8am class half asleep (safe I know), and I was listening to z104. The Z-Morning Zoo were talking about the VMAs last night and mentioned about how the Jonas Brothers got made fun of for wearing purity rings. Then they went on to explain what those were. Mentioning it on the radio was not surprising to me. Not even when they quoted Jordin Sparks defending them with "...so what if they don't want to be sluts and whores..." or whatever the exact quote was. What happened next was. The Zoo mentioned how "awesome" it was that people out there were still wearing purity rings. And then went on to state how they support people who wear them and that they think its a great idea. Then they put out a good job, keep trucking type of statement to them.
This surprised me because its interesting to see how some parts of this world still have some moral fiber left. Especially within the media. Nowadays, everyone is all like "lets have sex". I have to agree with the Zoo and commend those who wear them. In fact, my sister is one of those who do. I dunno. I just think its pretty inspiring to see that kids out there still believe in saving themselves and not catching/spreading nasty STDs.
Gives me some hope for this world. That maybe our children will learn from our mistakes. Maybe one day there will be less violence and hatred in this world. Who knows though.
I'm gonna go read some more about pandas now :)
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment